Sunday, June 12, 2016


It is Monday, June 13 in New Zealand. We have checked out of the country (again) and will now be departing from Opua in the Bay of Islands in about an hour. We will be heading towards Fiji (along with lots of other boats that have selected this as a good weather window). We will have solid winds for most of the trip (or so it seems with today's forecast) and they will have a southerly component so they will be behind us. That's good as they will be in the 20-25 knot range. It should take us 10 to 11 days to make the passage.

We have a new roller furler on and less money in the account – but they did a good job getting it on quickly. So hopefully everything else will hold together. We had a good rig check by the rigger as well and everything looked good from his analysis.

Remember – you can watch our progress on If all the communication works correctly – we will post a daily position report with them.

If seas are calm and a log entry can be made – we'll do that as well – but don't count on that. We're off – keep hoping for good weather for us.
At 6/4/2016 4:44 AM (utc) S/V Astarte was located at 35°18.88'S 174°07.30'E

radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

No comments:

Post a Comment